One nice thing about home schooling is that now, in Scotland, the boys can have the same school, same teacher, just a different location. I (Ruby) have heard others adopt the term "world school" and I may refer to our semester by using that term. It certainly is one less LARGE adjustment for the boys to have to manage.
One of our first math lessons was learning the UK money system. The paper money is easy, but all these little coins need to be mastered. There are other coins not shown here, such as a 2 pound coin.
Jonathan has a nice desk area in his room that he quickly set up for his school area.
Josh's room does not have a desk area, but we did find this little office area with a nice large window sill that he likes to sit at for his work.
While walking to find Tommy's office, Josh stopped us and said, "Hey mom, I can translate that." All my fellow CC moms will like this picture! It turns out, this is the entrance to St. Mary's College which is what we were looking for, so now we will pass through this gate any time we want to visit Tommy at the office.
Perhaps you could find Josh a student desk-chair with the storage bin below the seat, in one of the "re-purposed" shops or a flea market in the area. Where ever I lived while in the service, I was able to procure such handy items as I needed that way
ReplyDelete